Monday, November 9, 2009

Putting Things In Perspective

I have been living in Oahu for the past three months and the fact that I only have six more weeks left on this island hit me like a Mack Truck today. So, this is me FINALLY starting my blog and sharing my traveling experiences with you fine folks.

My friend came all the way from Rhode Island to visit this week and we had an epic time to say the least. She studied abroad here a couple years ago, so we completed her rather extensive bucket list. Surprisingly most of it included food... so I took her to a few of my favorite places too.

The beach pictured is in my opinion the most gorgeous beach in Oahu... It's name? Well, the locals might kill me if I tell you, but I'll take my chances: Makapu'u. This beach is on the Eastern side of the island past Sandy's beach, you get there by driving down a series of winding cliff roads that border on the ocean. We took a rental PT Cruiser yesterday, but let me tell you... the real adventure is getting there on the bus. For a moment please close your eyes and consider what it feels like to be on a giant hybrid bus rounding James Bonde-esque roads that you generally only see on Subaru commercials. Pretty freekin scary. That's my transportation of choice.

Real adventurers don't take jeep wranglers... they take the bus. Or is that just what jeepless college students like myself tell themselves? Anyways if you come to Oahu go to Makapu'u. If you don't you will miss out on a heart pounding adventure, picture-esque views and a chance to get thrashed by some great waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment